If you lost your job or your hours were cut because of coronavirus (COVID-19), you
should apply for unemployment compensation at: https://www.uc.pa.gov,
or call the statewide toll-free number: 888-313-7284.
Si has perdido su trabajo o sus horas fueron cortadas debido a coronavirus
(COVID-19), se debe aplicar por la compensación de desempleo a:
https://www.uc.pa.gov, O llamar al número de teléfono: 888-313-7284.
You may be eligible if:
• Your employer temporarily closes or goes out of business because of COVID-19;
• Your employer reduces your hours because of COVID-19;
• You have been told not to work because your employer feels you might get or
• You have been told to quarantine or self-isolate;
• You left work because you were being asked to do unsafe things or lacked
childcare, as long as you told the employer first; or
• You were an independent contractor or self employed.
File a claim: https://www.uc.pa.gov/unemployment-benefits/file/
• File your first claim;
• Reopen a claim (if you filed for unemployment compensation benefits within the
past year, you can reopen your claim);
• File a bi-weekly claim (once every two weeks, you must report any hours you
worked, any paid time off, and pay you received. Also available through 888-255-
4728.) File a bi-weekly claim even if you haven’t received benefits yet.
(NOTE: As of March 16, 2020, the PA government recommends that you file claims online
(https://www.uc.pa.gov) for faster processing. To ask a question about your claim,
email firstname.lastname@example.org (suggested due to high call volume and UC Live Chat requests).
If you need help applying, or if your claim is denied:
Contact Legal Aid of Southeastern PA (LASP) at 877-429-5994,
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.