Do you have high school and college kids at home, doing online coursework? The word “homework” has taken on a whole new meaning! Here are some great resources from our databases to help them get their work done:
LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE:
- Contemporary Authors – database of more than 135,000 modern novelists, poets, playwrights, nonfiction writers, prominent print and broadcast journalists, editors, photojournalists, syndicated cartoonists and screenwriters.
- LitFinder (POWER Library) – literature content from full-text poems, poem citations and excerpts, full-text short stories and novels, essays, speeches, and plays. Plus biographies, work summaries, photographs, and a glossary.
- Mango Languages – the fast, easy, and most effective way to learn to speak a foreign language.
NEWS & HISTORICAL RESEARCH:
- AP Images (POWER Library) – search current and historical photographs
- New York Times – articles from 1981 to the present, and an archive from 1851-1922.
- ONEFILE: News (POWER Library) – Full-text newspapers from more than 2,300 national and world newspapers, images, radio and TV broadcasts, and transcripts.
- Philadelphia Inquirer Collection with Historical – scanned copies of the complete issues from 1829-1922 and January 2018 to current. Full text of articles from 1981-current.
- Explora – subject overviews, full text magazine articles, images and AP clips on wide variety of subjects.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (POWER Library) – a collection of reference titles in the arts, biography, business, education, environment, general reference, history, literature, medicine, nation and world, science, and the social sciences.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (Chester County Library) – a collection of reference titles in the arts, biography, business, education, environment, general reference, history, literature, medicine, nation and world, science, and the social sciences. Includes Business Plans Handbook Series (volumes 1-35).
- General OneFile (POWER Library) – general-interest periodical resource. Millions of articles available in PDF and HTML full-text, supplemented by reference, newspaper, and audio content.
- GreenFILE (POWER Library) – information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment.
- MasterFile Premier – subject overviews, full text magazine articles, an image collection and AP clips.
- ONEFILE: High School Edition (POWER Library) – information from magazines, journals, newspapers, reference books, and engaging multi-media covering science, history, and literature, political science, sports, and environmental studies.
- Informe Académico – supports Spanish-speaking researchers with full-text Spanish- and Portuguese-language scholarly journals and magazines both from and about Latin America.
- IN CONTEXT: Environmental Studies (POWER Library) – Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources for environment and sustainability studies, materials and resources on energy systems, healthcare, food, climate change, population and economic development.
- Science Reference Center (POWER Library) – full text science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other reliable sources. More than 280,000 high-quality science images.
Looking for something else? Click here for a full list of our databases by subject.