Has Animal Crossing pulled you into its magical word of crafting, creation, and imagination? Have you gotten all of your favorite villagers? Chances are that you may still be looking for that special villager out of the 393 available. With the help of Amiibos, you can immediately call a chosen Amiibo to your island campsite for recruitment (and maybe finally get rid of that one annoying island villager). However, with the current state of the world and due to the popularity of Animal Crossing Amiibos, it’s currently very hard to obtain one. Follow this guide to learn how to DIY your own Amiibo for Animal Crossing New Horizons.
- Android Phone with NFC (Near Field Communication) writing capability. Follow this link to check if your Phone has NFC: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/nfc-android-activate
- NFC Ntag215 stickers – there are little stickers that have a specific type of NFC chip in them. I bought mine from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2SG1fGF
- Tagmo app for Android and .bin files of the amiibo you want to put on your sticker. A lot of those can be found here: https://nfc-bank.com/bins.php?categoryid=9 or through a simple Google search.
- On your Android device go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources (turn on). This makes it so that you can install apps that aren’t on the Google Play Store.
- Install the TagMo.apk file on your Android device. You can get the latest version from their github
- Download these 2 configuration files that work with TagMo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7USDVlwa5stY1o5ZF9odXRZeEU/view?usp=sharing & https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7USDVlwa5stRFZZdmJWQmNsUTQ/view?usp=sharing
- Place unfixed-info.bin, locked-secret.bin and Amiibo dump files on your Android device.
- Launch TagMo app, touch the 3 dots in the upper right corner > Load key(s) file… and select the unfixed-info.bin and locked-secret.bin files. You might need to install a file explore for your Android device if you can’t do that already on your phone, but it should be in the downloads folder if you downloaded it on your phone.
- Touch the LOAD TAG button and select your Amiibo .bin dump file.
- Touch the WRITE TAG (AUTO) button and press your NTAG215 NFC tag to your Android device.
The stickers aren’t re-writeable so make sure you’re using the correct Amiibo information before writing.
You can even take it a step further and create Amiibo coins. I used these coin cases from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3dpSPLN
Here are how mine turned out: